Zesty Caesar Steak and Fries Paired with Beringer Chardonnay
Paired with Beringer Founders' Estate Chardonnay
By Eileen Budnyk | Honorary Grill Master 2011 Great Steak Challenge Finalist
Serves 6 - Print Recipe
– (6) beef filet steaks
– 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
– Juice and zest of 2 lemons (Reserve 1 tbsp of juice and 1 tbsp of zest for later.)
– 2-3 splashes of Worcestershire sauce
– 1 heaping tbsp Dijon mustard
– 6 cloves of garlic, minced (Reserve 2 tbsp for later.)
– Sprinkle of salt and pepper
– 4-5 Idaho potatoes, cut into large wedges
– 4 tbsp melted butter
– 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
In a medium bowl, whisk the first 6 ingredients together to make a marinade and divide into two plastic bags. Place the filets in a bag to marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
Place the potatoes in the other bag to marinate.
Heat grill to 400 F. Grill steaks and potato wedges 6-10 minutes, turning midway through.
Let filets rest for a few minutes before serving. Drizzle potatoes with melted butter, and sprinkle reserved lemon juice, zest, garlic and grated Parmesan cheese onto steaks and potatoes.
Beringer Founders' Estate Chardonnay
This perfect combination of pear, apple and ripe, tropical fruit flavors with a hint of citrus and a classically round-mouth feel is 100% Chardonnay and is a delightful complement to this classic dish.